SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

DWB111 Propellor Nebula 2015 (130pds)

Uranium235

Yayyy! Cygnus is back, and this is the first target available within it from my location. I wasnt sure how it would turn out becuase I knew a few of the subs were taken with someones washing line in the way - but it seems ok.

Its nice to be able to image once again without being plagued by gradients!!

Anyway, this is just under a couple of hours worth - the sky was alright, some passing cloud but nothing too damaging. Hopefully I can revisit sometime soon and double the amount of Ha to sort out the noise in the wispy bits, and if possible - some OIII for a crack at cannistra colour (fingers crossed!) :)

While I was waiting for Cygnus to rise above the house, I took the opportunity to see if I could grab some of the outer shell of M57 - managed to get it in 90min (6x900) but the noise is horrendous.... needs 3 or 4 hours to clean that up. Tiny as well.... like a little polo mint :D

9x720 (Ha) 2x2bin

130pds, Atik 383L+, NEQ6

Setpoint: -15c

Calib: Flats & Bias

Thanks for looking! :)

17506739899_c4460c6c81_b.jpg

17666709526_849c93d3d0_b.jpg

Archived