Hello from Denmark

ulfp

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just in time for Danish Summer weather.

Rain.

Ach, you're absolutely right. Not 15km after I picked up the scope (in great condition, as far as I can see) the heavens opened up <sigh>.

And I was in San Francisco 5 days ago. Without rain.

Ah well, it'll clear up at some point, just have to be patient. Ha!

/ulf

A warm welcome to the SGL Forums Ulpf.

Great people here, and all the help you might need to further your Astronomy knowledge.

Enjoy your new, well almost new, telescope.

Get familiar with how it operates mechanically, as they can be awkward to handle, especially Equatorial mounted ones.

Just yell if you need any help at all.

Best Wishes

Ron.

Thanks a lot. I'll definitely be needing help, so appreciate the kind words. 

/ulf

Well, I did a quick test. The mirrors themselves are in good condition, as well as the tube and base, so no problems there. It needs to be collimated, though, and I'll do that (probably using Astro-Baby's method). A friend of mine has a Baader LaserColli Mk III that I'll doublecheck with this weekend.

I've also invested in a Baader Hyperion 24mm (whew--expensive), which won't arrive until next week, so as far as equipment is concerned I'm pretty much set up. All I need now is a bit better weather.

/ulf

Archived