Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
inspectapart

Speers waler 10mm ep

I managed to acquire a 10mm Speers and Waler  wide angle ep included with the TV 85 I bought earlier in the year.  I had heard good things about these ep`s. So, I popped it into the scope last night along with a Celestron 2x barlow to compare it with my 10mm Delos as a planetry test on Jupiter. To my surprise the Speers gave slightly  more definition to the belts. They were just a tad sharper.at 120x mag.

Anyone else tried these EPs?

Bob.

I haven't looked through a Speers WALER (Wide Angle Long Eye Relief) but have heard good things about them. I gather the eye relief is rather shorter than that of a Delos

I've used a few Speers-WALER eyepieces over the years. Some performed very well and some less so. I seem to recall the longer focal lengths were more mediocre and the shorter ones, and the zoom, were much better. They tended to have quite tight eye relief and needed more inward focuser movement than most eyepieces. Interesting range though.