Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

so close its annoying

Ok I get the setting everything up, I have used the little boat level and done all that, heres where it gets silly. I switch on my synscan and put everything in it, I am also using polar finder, for example just now I looked at polar finder and the circle is at about the 8 mark, on my synscan it say polaris HA something like 20.10 so i rotate my mount from 0 using the clock to 20;10 and I am roughly at the just gone 6 o,clock position. No matter what I try its no where near it, so I look at my app and copy it as best I can to the polar finder, I then look at my setting circle to see if any times match up anywhere and they dont. Also using my app it says long as  3.72 and I cant put that in synscan for some reason yet on google earth my location is 3.42. I typed in the co ordinates on google earth and it shows a location about quarter of a mile away. Head hurts

Ok I get the setting everything up, I have used the little boat level and done all that, heres where it gets silly. I switch on my synscan and put everything in it, I am also using polar finder, for example just now I looked at polar finder and the circle is at about the 8 mark, on my synscan it say polaris HA something like 20.10 so i rotate my mount from 0 using the clock to 20;10 and I am roughly at the just gone 6 o,clock position. No matter what I try its no where near it, so I look at my app and copy it as best I can to the polar finder, I then look at my setting circle to see if any times match up anywhere and they dont. Also using my app it says long as  3.72 and I cant put that in synscan for some reason yet on google earth my location is 3.42. I typed in the co ordinates on google earth and it shows a location about quarter of a mile away. Head hurts

Have you checked out the Astronomy shed tutorials - search YouTube for "setting up an NEQ6" (the principles are the same) and that explains what you are doing there. As for your position, try here: http://www.latlong.net/it seems to show the same Long/Lat that I got from Stellarium on my phone using google location services, should help with the Long./lat readings you need. I just popped in my postcode.

If your mount is anything like my HEQ5 or NEQ6 forget the setting circles. Just imagine the reticle of your polar scope as a clock face and rotate the mount so the small circle is at the Polaris hour form polar finder.

Archived