sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_2.thumb.jpg.72789c04780d7659f5b63ea05534a956.jpg

(Genuine) EZCap 116 Installation Problems

Is it me or has anyone else out there had major pains trying to get the genuine EZCap 116 installed and working???

I bought a flaky cheap copy of the EZcap and it at least worked in B&W, though not colour.

However having "invested" in the genuine article and having followed the instructions sheet to the letter, I cannot get the capture device to show anything other than either static horizontal lines

or a black screen with a faint slow moving vertical line moving left to right.

It will not even display the cameras menu system showing no signal at all is being decoded.

I have checked the drivers in  device manager and all appears ok.  I have tested the composite output of the camera on a TV as well and get perfect images.

I am awaiting EZCap support to come back to me with some suggestions but meantime... anyone else have a clue? 

SkySpy

What software are you using to capture?

What OS are you using ?

I have a EZCAP(REAL) but i use Sharpcap2 or Debut Video Capture - both free - install 1 and see if that makes a difference. If they can't see the device then its the driver or the output from the EZCAP.

What version of USB are you using 1.1 , 2.0 or 3 - never tried it on 3 - try it in another usb point - not shared with something else as it takes its power from the USB port - try removing all other USB devices except for Mouse/Keybd

Make sure the Driver is the latest from EZCAP - download latest from Web site - although they don't update the driver very often !

Does the EZCAP h/w get  hot - mine does but is working

Daft question and please don't shout but you have plugged the output from the camera into the correct lead on the EZcap - one is audio,1 is composite and the other is S-video . Think yellow is normally the composite  :embarassed:

Daft question and please don't shout but you have plugged the output from the camera into the correct lead on the EZcap - one is audio,1 is composite and the other is S-video . Think yellow is normally the composite  :embarassed:

Yes, Yellow is the correct connection. Yellow is the Video Feed on all Composite connections  :smiley:

Hi..xhecked my ezcap ..it's the .. ezcap.tv 116 ezcaptur 2014 ver-s.o.n.j.a

Did you install software drivers before plugging in usb grabber ??

Is it a usb port not usb 3 it's plugged into.

I would uninstall and re install drivers.and give it another try..davy

Hi to everyone and sorry for the delayed posting.

I hadn't set up auto-notification on the topic... bit of an oversight on my part seeing it was my own topic! -

I'm still a bit new to this forum posting business :icon_rolleyes:

The upshot is that it turns out I was one of the very few chosen ones to receive a completely duff unit.

EZCap say less than 0.6% fail in manufacture.. so they provided me with a nice new one.. which works just fine.

Great after sales from EZCap... so despite the problem would still highly recommend.

SkySpy