Hello from cold Ballarat Australia

greywolf

Hello All

Just a quick note to introduce myself. I am 53, married with 4 sons ages 17 - 26. I work in the IT industry and live in a cold little town near Ballarat Victoria Australia.

When I was young I spent a lot of time with an old refractor and had many great hours looking at the stars.It has been a while since I owned a decent telescope but am looking forward to getting back into it. I found this forum while searching for some information about my telescope. I will post a question shortly.

I have just bought a Celestron Nexstar 130 of a friend. He bought it new and it has been used litterally twice so it is pretty tidy. It came with a Mylar sun filter, a ccd camera, and slr mount and a bunch of better quality lenzes. So I am pretty happy.

Anyway, thats it from me. Looking forward to chatting with you all.

Cheers

Me

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to SGL - This is a great place to be packed full of helpful and friendly folks willing to impart their knowledge. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Greywolf welcome - do they still have that sign as you enter the city which says welcome to Ballaarat? It's the original spelling I believe.

I remember some rather cool nights observing there when I was much younger and used to know some people in Beaufort and Clunes.

michael

Cold town in Australia? Cant be true :wink: .

Anyways welcome from me, located on a cold little island in Norway.

Rune

I've found it to be quite an experience walking in sub zero temperatures in Kiev and finding it warmer than plus temperatures in Australia.

Now I must really find out what Novaya Zemplya is like ! :)

Archived