Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

ecuador

EOS Camera Movie Record Tablet Tweak

Ok, many of you are probably using the superior BackyardEOS or APT, but maybe the free EOS Camera Movie Record program does have a few users for planetary photography. In any case, I tried it on a Windows Tablet to avoid carrying a laptop and it worked fine, but its buttons were tiny. It is open-source though, so I made the buttons bigger for me and perhaps somebody else might like it that way. If so, you can get it here (I will try to keep it updated as Canon supports newer cameras in their SDK).

And when cheap Windows tablets start using something faster than an Atom (and not cost an arm and a leg like Surface et al), perhaps nobody will have to carry a laptop ;)

Edited by ecuador

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Nikolas74
      Recently i bought this brand new camera from David Hardie when he was doing a big sell out of some really nice items in excellent offers !!!
      Unfortunately the camera although brand new doesn't serve my purposes so I decided to sell it at exactly the same price which I bought it from David , it was a really special offer 🤪
      The camera new costs £1685 and I will sell it for £750 to be fair....🤪🤪🤪🤪
      Camera comes with all its extras and case in absolutely brand new condition....!!!!
      Info from FLO site :
      https://www.firstlightoptics.com/starlight-xpress-cameras/starlight-xpress-trius-pro-674c-colour-ccd-camera.html
      Postage expenses are on me, secured package.
      Paypal accepted ,just buyer pays the fees.
      If payment is in EURO we will just calculate the daily exchange rate at Xe.com.
      Many thanks !
      Nikolas.

• By LuminousCRO
      I was looking to get into astrophotography with my 10 inch dobson and for start would like to buy something affordable. Cameras can be used or new. Thanks in advance!
    • By masjstovel
      Hi,
      I bought my first telescope, SW 150pds about 6 months ago with the purpose of astroimaging "when i feel ready".  So far ive used my Nikon D810 for that, and I'm now  planning on taking the step buying my first AP camera.
      My targets would be DSO's, and not planetary. I want a mono-camera, not color. 

I want to get away with a very good camera to a reasonable price (wouldn't we all...) and in this regard I've been drooling on the ZWO ASI 1600MM Mono for some time. The price for it is in the upper part of my budget, but I'm willing to if its worth it.  I've seen from other treads that sensor-size isn't everything, and dynamic range and gain and all is just as important, but i have trouble understanding it all 100% when it's all new to me, but in my experience i am a practical person who learns things much better and faster with the gear in my hand. So without getting to technical, and staying as objective as possible - please help me with; 

1. Is this a good camera to go for?
      2. It's sold with options of filters 1.25", 31mm or 36mm - Why these options, and what determines what i would choose?

3. Would you go for another camera in this price range, and why? - Or to rephrase it a bit; If you were in my shoes, which camera would you og for?

I'd appreciate any help:)

I might add, that i understand that with my lack of experience, buying a mono-camera with filters and all might seem premature, but for some strange reason. I enjoy these "way over my head"-projects and figuring  out things as time goes - I just need some guiding in the right direction. 
    • By jambouk
      We are running a session at my local society on transits and occultations. One station will focus on exoplanet transits, and we'd like to build a very simple model to demonstrate this. We have a star (light source) and an orbiting "planet" but I need to work out how to detect the changes in light intensity and display this on a laptop, like a classical transit photometry trace below (taken from https://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/tess/primary-science.html).
      Is there a way to take a feed from a DSLR through the USB output to do this, else I could get an adapter for my ZWO and put an EOS lens on the front of that. I really do want a light intensity vs time trace in real time on the laptop. This model will be run in a darkened room.
      Thanks for any comments.
      James

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.