1912116577_Solarchallenge2022banner.jpg.913a200cf105ddeae9f37765cb1d0c73.jpg

ioptron smart eq pro

rowan46

Don't have one but went to look at buying one.

The unit is compact and the tripod is really too small - the legs are I think 1.25" and they do not look that stable. Don't think they offer the next tripods up as an option which they do on the 25 model.

I was looking to put a Megrez-90 on it and although it is rated at 5Kg and the Megrez is 3.5Kg I didn't like the idea of applying one to the other.

Your 80  is smaller but is a triplet, so weight will be similar.

All this was based on standing in front of one looking at it.

Maybe if the head was on a better tripod I would have considered it, also I wanted it for visual and I see you have a DSLR (extra weight).

Think Michael has one, he should therefore have a better opinion.

Don't have one but went to look at buying one.

The unit is compact and the tripod is really too small - the legs are I think 1.25" and they do not look that stable. Don't think they offer the next tripods up as an option which they do on the 25 model.

I was looking to put a Megrez-90 on it and although it is rated at 5Kg and the Megrez is 3.5Kg I didn't like the idea of applying one to the other.

Your 80  is smaller but is a triplet, so weight will be similar.

All this was based on standing in front of one looking at it.

Maybe if the head was on a better tripod I would have considered it, also I wanted it for visual and I see you have a DSLR (extra weight).

Think Michael has one, he should therefore have a better opinion.

I ha read about the tripod issue so I was looking at getting an adaptor made to fit my cullman