Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC-5070 my best astro pic ever

toxic

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mosaic!!.... mosaic!!.... mosaic!!!!  (its screaming out for it!) :D

Splendid so far, but this data can go further I think.... Use all your Ha as a luminance master, then process it up with some high pass filter (setting 4.3) and a bit of (noels) contrast enhancement (blended @ about 50%) - then layer it into the above colour image as luminace in iterations. The data looks good & clean, so it should be able to take a few tweaks here & there.

I just enhanced and enlarged the pillar region just for fun really but it has shown me 2 things 1. that with more ha subs i should be able to zoom in more and more importantly 2. i think that my scope needs collimating better.

attachicon.gifIC 5070 close up jpeg.jpg

Do not touch the collimation yet. The central stars are nice and round but you have elongation in the right hand corner and the top left as far as I can see. If there is elongation in the other two corners and you have used a coma corrector it could either be incorrect distancing of the corrector or that it does not cover the sensor fully that I doubt since you have used the 383L I guess. If you only have elongation in the top left and bottom right then you may have a tilt in the optical train that needs to be corrected.

A.G

Archived