Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lunar with 'The Wrong Phone' & 110mm Newt 120408

SteelRat

First look at the moon for AGES! The focuser in my D900 phone has broken (free upgrade though next month :D ) so I snaffled a go with the SWMBO's SE K800i and got this pic with my Tal1 at magx54.

Excuses; I didn't get on very well with the strange phone, I'm pretty rusty anyhoo so didn't get a very sharp pic, then made a bit of a mess in processin :( Fun as usual though;

5103_normal.jpeg

(click pic to make big)

Cheers

Matthew(SR)

Ah.. At last. I was afraid you stopped doing that :(

SR, you shouldn't be criticizing your pictures in public :nono: Although healthy self-criticism is a good thing, many people don't get that kinda result with their cameras or toucams! I think your pictures are more than good, they are extremely good even without knowing this is a "phone job"! this one is no exception. An overall lovely and sharp picture!

Marius

many people don't get that kinda result...

Me! me! :(

Mind you, I did "oversleep"... then failed to note software(?) had defaulted to "CIF" rather than VGA etc.

Twiddled a few MORE (virtual!) knobs and sliders. But sometimes simple (even strange) is better? :D

Now let's see if you can do anything with the Occulting of M44 this evening.

That's what I forgot to say!! yes SR, GO FOR IT GO! :(

And, Macavity, you can always have an excuse that it is not that easy fiddling with all those buttons when two short-fingered paws are all you've got :D

Marius

I've looked long and hard SR for the messy bit of processing but you will have to point it out for me. :shocked:

I'm afraid I don't do acronyms. What is a SWMBO when it's about? Ignore that last remark. I read the SWMBO as one with the SE K80DI bit! :( Told you I was no good with acronyms! :D

Cheers

CW

Archived