Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Observing Meet - May 15 / 16 ?

L8-Nite

Hi folks,

The next scheduled observing meet at our Blaenavon site is for Fri. the 15th, or Sat. the 16th of May.  Hopefully the forecast will be favourable for everyone in the region.

I would like to thank Pat for making the call last month, and Stuart for the update on local conditions at the time. 

Dorothy & I have had to extend our stay in California but hope to be home soon.  Once again, I ask that group members confer with each other and decide if the Meet is a go or no-go on the day.

Clear skies to everyone !  

Wish I could make it too Lenny.  :sad: 

We have been working around the clock packing for our relocation, and only have a chance to do some naked eye star gazing.

I shouldn't have packed my old refractor away so early in the move. :BangHead:

If the meet is still going ahead I would like to come and watch someone set up their mount as I am banging my head against a wall with polar aligning, once I see it done once I should be ok, I am using a HEQ synscan and polar finder on my phone ATM and just not certain im doing it right, or failing that if anyone is close by Merthyr I could visit or they could call in.

Cheers

Paul

Archived