Narrowband

Pixels in pictures with canon 600d

When I try to take Moon pics with eyepiece projection adapter with 10mm/6mm ep, I can see much pixels in the pic when viewed. I have canon 600d and pic quality is set to Large / RAW.

How can I reduce pixels ? is it quality related issue?

I tried with auto ISO, then I tried different iso 100, 200 400 and all of them, what is the best camera settings for taking moon when its bright or dark,

one sample is here (had to resize it as this forum not allowing attachment of file over 1mb)

post-42956-0-76384900-1430805447_thumb.j

If your DSLR has video capability, then you are better off recording the video and then stacking the images in say RegiStax to get the best possible image.

I agree with Aeseir. You can also use software like Backyard EOS to capture video from a section of the live view at almost full resolution. I think this is the best option for DSLRs, as the capabilities of the inbuilt video recording function often are quite limited.

If this isn't an option, here's a few points about optimal camera settings:

To avoid grainy images an get a good dynamic range (being able to capture both dark and bright details at the same time), you want a relatively low ISO value. But you should also try to keep the exposure time short, so that the seeing doesn't get time to smear out the details during the exposure. Keeping these points in mind, you can experiment with different ISO values and exposure times to find which combination that works best. The optimal settings will depend on the seeing conditions.

ok how can i convert the video (.mov) in to jpg (or picture files) and after editing using adobe lightroom, how i will combine them again in video ?

Convert the MOV to AVI using PIPP. It's freeware. Then stack the AVI in Registax (also freeware) which will produce a TIFF. I find Registax 6 great for the Moon and 5.1 for planets.

PIPP:

https://sites.google.com/site/astropipp/

Registax:

http://www.astronomie.be/registax/

Good luck!

Archived