Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Am i too old to start?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Lee and welcome to SGL.

At 25 years of age you have some exciting events to look forward to in your lifetime. (I am sounding like an astrologer). eg the 'New Horizons' / Pluto fly-by in July for starters. Most of us on SGL have seen Pluto as a planet, dwarf/minor planet...

...and hopefully reinstated to planet status in our lifetime.

<Yorkshireman Sketch> "You were lucky"? [teasing] But it seems so much

easier to get into very many hobbies these days. I am thinking particularly

of Guitaring and Astronomy. BOTH neglected over my "working" years... :o

And the relative *cost* of a decent Guitar Scope, in (say) the late 60s-70s

must have dissuaded. These days we're far better served? "Make Hay"! :)

Wow 25, I'm just starting at 60 and I think it's wonderful. The first time I saw the Moon through My C90, I was hooked and ready to learn more.

That was about 2 months ago. You're never to old. I know I'm an infant in astronomy but willing to learn so I can show my grandkids more than the video games and cellphone texting.

<Yorkshireman Sketch> "You were lucky"? [teasing] But it seems so much

easier to get into very many hobbies these days. I am thinking particularly

of Guitaring and Astronomy. BOTH neglected over my "working" years... :o

And the relative *cost* of a decent Guitar Scope, in (say) the late 60s-70s

must have dissuaded. These days we're far better served? "Make Hay"! :)

I'm 24 and have been guitaring for years and astronomerizing for months. My only hobbies, besides reading. Somehow the two go together well (not at the same time though). 

Wow 25, I'm just starting at 60 and I think it's wonderful. The first time I saw the Moon through My C90, I was hooked and ready to learn more.

That was about 2 months ago. You're never to old. I know I'm an infant in astronomy but willing to learn so I can show my grandkids more than the video games and cellphone texting.

I have 14 and 9 year old sisters with more technology and junk then anyone could ever need, with no interest in science or space, but even they gasp when they look at Saturn or Jupiter.

Archived