Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Good Afternoon

I was searching the web and i came across this EP    Agena 1.25" Starguider Dual ED Eyepiece 60-deg AFOV, FMC - 5mm   which happens to be very similar to the 1.25'' 5mm BST Explorer Dual ED eyepiece Branded ''Starguider'' . Wondering if they are the same specs,manufacture and quality but branded differently for US and UK ? Has anyone tried the Agena?

I'm asking this because I still can't make up my mind for the 5mm EP I'm after. I have been told the BST 5mm is very good for the price, yet I can't find it locally, and that's why I'm looking at the Agena. and I'm also considering the Celestron X-Cel LX Series Eyepiece - 1.25-Inch 5mm. 

Which one do you recommend? your help is much appreciated.

I'd say it was exactly the same eyepiece. The starguiders have come under a number of names (explorer, starguider, paradigm, etc.).

They are the same eyepiece, they also appear as the Astro-Tech Paradigm and if you look under the TS site they have them as well under their own brand TS.

They also appear under other titles.

They are made by Barsta, who seem to be producing some good eyepiece these days.

I think they were originally produced with or for Astro-Tech, but no proof of that.

Very similar, I've had both

• Like 1

Very similar, I've had both

which one was more comfortable in your opinion? I wear glasses and consider this an important factor. 

Honestly couldn't say ... The Celestron has a flatter top whereas the BST is curved so for glasses I'd say the Celestron maybe

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now