SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Good Afternoon

I was searching the web and i came across this EP    Agena 1.25" Starguider Dual ED Eyepiece 60-deg AFOV, FMC - 5mm   which happens to be very similar to the 1.25'' 5mm BST Explorer Dual ED eyepiece Branded ''Starguider'' . Wondering if they are the same specs,manufacture and quality but branded differently for US and UK ? Has anyone tried the Agena?

I'm asking this because I still can't make up my mind for the 5mm EP I'm after. I have been told the BST 5mm is very good for the price, yet I can't find it locally, and that's why I'm looking at the Agena. and I'm also considering the Celestron X-Cel LX Series Eyepiece - 1.25-Inch 5mm. 

Which one do you recommend? your help is much appreciated.

They are the same eyepiece, they also appear as the Astro-Tech Paradigm and if you look under the TS site they have them as well under their own brand TS.

They also appear under other titles.

They are made by Barsta, who seem to be producing some good eyepiece these days.

I think they were originally produced with or for Astro-Tech, but no proof of that.

Archived