Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

skywatcher Equinox 100mm mounting rings

Hello was wondering if anyone could tell me the size of the mounting rings for a Skywatcher Equinox 100mm refractor.Do you think the mounting rings from a Skywatcher Black Diamond 80mm ed would fit it?  Thanks

Usually the rings are just big enough, so an 80mm ring would be too small for the 100.

You are likely going to need a 110 maybe a 102 set.

No idea what is available to you in NS but a 110 set with padding should do, here I would say pick uo a sheet or two of felt from Hobbycraft and wrap round the tube then the 110 rings. The fely sheet(s) protects the tube well. No idea in NS what is available.

Quick look and we (You?) have available 105mm tube rings, they would seem the corrct size. But still a bit of a guess.

Slightly odd but I notice that tube rings here seem to appear and disappear. Sometimes there are several avaiable then a week later there are almost none listed.

• 2 years later...

Owning a 100mm Equinox, I have been browsing for the answer. A Canadian shop called Khanscope has specs saying the tube diameter is 112mm. That follows the pattern of SW Equinox scopes generally - tube diameter being wider than the objective lens.

Archived