Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

1st observation ever....

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't find any xD

You should see the orion nebula with the naked eye! A 60mm glass should enable you to see plenty.  Including the dumbbell nebula, the ring nebula (much small angular diameter than the dumbbell), Andromeda galaxy, loads of globular clusters (M!3 is a biggie).  

Saying all that though, you may need to get away from the city glow if you are viewing from the most affected areas Tzitzis. 

Orion Nebula is very clear. Although my garden has a fair bit of light pollution I have, on a clear night made out either M95 or M96. It took a while looking in the right area but could just about make it out as a feint smudge, very small in the eyepiece and had to almost look away into the edges of the eyepiece to see it out the corner of my eye in the center.

Well this LP and photochemical pollution (we are talking about a busy city here folks) keep ruining my attempts to cast a glance over M13.

Arrrr pollution be a harsh mistress (I killed it)

Great session tonight fellas!!! 

I saw Venus as always! I could see the shadow on the edge. I also saw something under her. It looked like a "little wooden stick" underneath her. Weird

I saw Jupiter and he was mindblowing today. I saw COLOUR on Jupiter!!! I could see the cloud bands and 3 moons, one from one side other 2 on the other side. I also saw two other "bright" objects on the 2 other sides of Jupiter one on each. It was like the Cygnus constellation. Those were other moons? I don't know, please tell me if I can see the other moons of Jupiter with this 60mm refractor :p

Last but not least I freaking saw the freaking rings on freaking Saturn. Oh YEAH!

BUT I couldn't find freaking M13!!!!  @@X!!%@@ M13 I hate you!!!!

Jupiter's moons (the major four at any rate) are in a more-or-less straight line so what you saw were stars I'm guessing.

Glad to read your pleasure at seeing the Lady of the Rings! Such a sight...

Venus doesn't have a 'stick' afaik, despite her

age :) Sure you didn't see some spherical aberration? Or,lol, was there a tree in the way... :)

Good hunting with M13 btw.

Archived