Help with new telescope

Hi all! So I recently got given a Newtonian Skywatcher telescope, I set it up on it's tripod and aligned the finder and all that jazz. I go and point it at the moon and all I get is a big white blur, so I change the lens from 10mm to 20 and it's the same thing. The caps are off and I have used every setting of the focus, it's just all blurry. Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks in advance

hello and welcome to SGL. Did you adjust the focus by turning the focussing wheel on the side of the focuser ?

Another thing to remember with some Skywatcher Newtonians is that the focuser can take either 2" or 1.25" eyepieces and if you use the 1.25" eyepiece adapter along with the 2" adapter the telescope won't achieve focus.

Which Skywatcher?

If the 200P then as Peter says there are 2 eyepiece adaptors and they are shipped one inside the other, but that is for ease of shipping and in use you need to take the 2" one one put the 1.25" on back in on it's own and them put the eyepiece in.

If it is not a 200P then say which scope it is.

Archived