Hello everyone!

Rod-Towa339

Just acquired a Towa 339 scope last weekend. It is in very nice condition with everything available and an added bonus. The previous owner had discovered a way to use the modern eye pieces in the scope by using plumbing tubing. I will try and get the scope reassembled this weekend for a photo op. So I have all the original eye pieces and can use the modern eye pieces as well.

I have always been curious about astronomy, but never really dove into it. I have been active in the hobby model rocketry for a few years and joined the Kloudbusters and enjoy their access to a wonderful pasture near Argonia, Ks. On some of the past multi day events, there has been a few star gazers bring out their scopes. That is what started the spark to eventually get myself a good scope.

I am excited to have a nice scope, and after reading about how nice the Towa 339 is, I am glad I got it. I could have gotten a scope with all the tracking and goto features, but wanted the better optics in the Towa.

Looking forward to spending some time on Stargazers Lounge and enjoying my new scope.

See ya,

Rod

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived