SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Stellarium Help

cuivenion

you can filter the magnitudes by:

sky and viewing options window (F4)

bottom right hand corner - limit magnitudes stars and dso's

http://www.stellarium.org/wiki/index.php/Star_Catalogues   "star catalogues are split into 9 files, which contain stars of varying brightness"

they seem to be divided into magnitude ranges so it appears you can only filter by the range and not specific catalogues.

cartes du ciel has a catalog section where you can customise what you want to see displayed

Unfortunately if I limit the mags to about 11 which is the upper range of objects that I can find I get DSO's everywhere. Also there's still LDN objects everywhere even when the mag is set to minimum. It's looking like I might have to find something else to use.

Yeah I use the search function as well. The sky view was fairly useable before even with a faint mag threshold, but now with these LDN objects it's just a bit much It's a lot harder to get a general overview of the night sky.

• 3 months later...

Are you using the 0.14 beta version? Where did you find it? I can't figure out how to download it - the "beta" link from the stellarium site goes to a list of all kinds of old releases but not the beta. Another forum suggested it's only available for linux, but I'm using linux, so should show up.

Are you using the 0.14 beta version? Where did you find it? I can't figure out how to download it - the "beta" link from the stellarium site goes to a list of all kinds of old releases but not the beta. Another forum suggested it's only available for linux, but I'm using linux, so should show up.

Version 0.13.65.0 as fact beta of 0.14.0 ;)

Archived