Some lunar imagery - 26-04-2015

Avdhoeven

Yesterday evening there was a short clear windows between the clouds coming by. I decided to do some lunar imaging with my C11... Seeing was reasonably good and so the moon showed quite some nice details.

All images with a C11 and DMK21-618. Movies of 30s (gain 515, exposure 3.5ms) with a red filter. Processing done in Autostakkert (best 20%) and further processing like in the tutorial on my site.
These are the results:
17272942871_8f41d55f3f_b.jpg
17087250829_05b79f5c97_o.jpg
16653228713_cbf6d4d35e_b.jpg
17085923600_9cc7297a56_b.jpg

Excellent work!  Do you have links to the full-sized images?

If you click on the images you go to the flickr page. In the lower right there is a download button. If you click all sizes there you can view the original files....

If you click on the images you go to the flickr page. In the lower right there is a download button. If you click all sizes there you can view the original files....

Thanks.

I was just saying this because, although the images look incredibly sharp (and good) as presented, it would be nice to see something like the image scale at capture to appreciate the detail.

Archived