Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

adamsp123

Back in the "saddle"

My Astronomy has been in the serious doldrums for a long time, mostly due to having near zero chances of getting any imaging done because of the rubbish weather we have had or when clear the Moon has been near full.

I went to a meeting of the Newtown (powys) Astronomy Association and it rekindled some enthusiasm then followed by clear nights recently where I got off my butt and had a few runs at getting some pictures of galaxies, work still in progress, not the best time to get going again as summer rapidly approaches but it is nice to "feel the need again" so to speak.

Hope it lasts.....

Pete

That's awesome to hear, Ive recently got back into it after a couple of years of not going out - mainly because I just couldn't be bothered. I'm sure you'll find why you enjoyed it so much to begin with again.

Matt.

Well done Pete, I to have just restarted but in a much smaller way. CLEAR SKIES.

I think I am at the start of losing interest, I love owning the gear and setting it up in daylight on a nice afternoon but then the time comes to use it and I have a 10 min look at Jupiter then run out of the will do do any more and with some degree of relief pack it all away again, I used to be like it with some classic cars I had, I loved having them and fiddling with them,polishing them and looking at them in the garage but didn't enjoy using them only going out for a quick drive and never happier than when they were safely back in the garage.I expect some therapist would have a name for my condition,probably just bone idle and strange :) 

I think I am at the start of losing interest, I love owning the gear and setting it up in daylight on a nice afternoon but then the time comes to use it and I have a 10 min look at Jupiter then run out of the will do do any more and with some degree of relief pack it all away again, I used to be like it with some classic cars I had, I loved having them and fiddling with them,polishing them and looking at them in the garage but didn't enjoy using them only going out for a quick drive and never happier than when they were safely back in the garage.I expect some therapist would have a name for my condition,probably just bone idle and strange :)

Maybe start using binos for a while when clear. This way, you have the faff of putting up all the equipment (which is actually why I stopped going out) and then putting it all away again and you can pop in and out during the evening and still see some really beautiful things.

Matt.