Narrowband

Here's another M101

Roy Batty

This was taken on the night of the 7th, just over an hour of subs prime focus DSLR, unguided.

This is the first time I've had a go at M101, and I was actually quite surprised by the scale of it.

RB

M101 7th April 2008

5047_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Thanks for the comments :(

I've now ordered my EOS CLS clip filter from Bern @ Modern Astronomy :hello1: - so this should be the last of my images plagued by the dreaded LP.

I hope this will now allow me to be more sublte when processing and keep good colour balance, as up till now most of my images have been biased to blue as a result of trying to eliminate LP.

cheers

RB

still not even seen this thing yet, been trying to find it for 2 nights now and nothing yet but it is up near zenith and kinda tricky to point dam scope at

Don't be too harsh on yourself having not seen this one, believe it or not - "visually" I've never seen it either! That's probably why us imaging legion do this stuff :D

Ahh you may ask how do you know you're pointing the scope in the right direction? Quick answer is we don't - that's why I've got a GOTO and the rest is trial an error taking test shots for fine tunning.

That's why imaging is sooo ?fun? :(

cheers

RB

You have nabbed a good un there Roy. It looks majestic, and almost alive. It is a huge galaxy, full faced. We're lucky to have it.

It's in a great place for imaging too, out of the murk .

Ron. :(

Archived