Replace PST 20mm etalon with a Solarmax II 60mm one?

Hi,

Is it possible to swap over the PST etalon in my Stage 2 scope to the 60mm one from my Solarmax II double stack unit?

Sure I have read somewhere that the PST has lenses which make the light cone parallel as it passes through the etalon and then converts it back as it exits.

With this in mind I'm assuming that using the Solarmax etalon would not work as the light would not be parallel?

post-13264-0-85562200-1429527275_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...

Project finished, decided to get an adaptor made and single stack on the Equinox 80.

On the Skytee 2 I will have the TAL stage 2 for close up's and this for whole disk views.

post-13264-0-38237300-1431191442_thumb.j

The only mod I carried out to the etalon was painting the gold finish black to possibly increase contrast.

post-13264-0-34757700-1431191649_thumb.j

Nice one Nigel. I have a similar setup, a SM60mm on a 80mm Skywatcher Startravel for full disc on screen video and a 120mm PST mod for high mag observation but with a BF15 for full disc visual at lower power.  :smiley:

Archived