EP and filters for 200p Dob

Hi folks,

What make of EP and filters would people recomend for the SW 200p dob, I want something decent to keep rather than a quick cheap slight improvement I am looking for something that will really improve my planet and dSO observing

For the planets I use a 5 and 7mm Pentax XW's and a 6mm Radian - they are expensive but you will never need to upgrade them.

Vixen LVW's are good too.

A Baader Neodymium filter brings out the contrast on Jupiter and Mars. I tried coloured filters but found the colour cast too strong.

There are also the soon to appear TV - Delite's ? - are you going to wait to find out what they are like.

The new Delites are already being advertised, but I haven't seen a review appear yet.

I'll be watching. I'm also looking for a new flavor for planetary-EPs.

Clear & High-Contrast Skies,

Dave

I started out with a fairly extensive range of Meade series 5000 eyepieces and at F 10 they were very good however I added scopes and started to see shortfalls in their make-up. I then started to buy Televues, and lost about half the cost of Meade selling them on.

If you want something to hang on to then as said Pentax XW's and really any of the TV ranges will never disappoint you. Delos are about the same as Pentax with just the slightest edge on extreme edge abberations. Naglers, long history of wide field 82 degree, there is nothing better on the market. Ethos, wallet emptying eyepieces with bags of quality and massive FOV. Panoptic, still as good a 68 degree eyepiece  as you will find. Radian, no longer is the full range available but possibly the best S/H buy there is. Not to forget TV Plossl, a bit short on eye-relief at the lower end but a sharp eyepiece that will not brealk the bank.

They make two zooms as well but are a bit short for yoour scope at 3-6mm and 2-4mm

All perform at F4 and are very difficult to better.

Alan

Archived