SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from a new scope owner in Worthing

chuenmanc

Hello

I've been browsing this site for the last couple of weeks and found it really useful.

I was a Tasco 50mm refractor owner in my younger days, and was recently reminded how much I enjoyed it, so I jumped right in and bought a SkyWatcher SkyMax 150 Pro, a 150mm Maksutov on an HEQ5 mount. Ordered from the very helpful Bernard at Modern Astronomy. It arrived a couple of days ago and luckily enough we've had two clear nights out of two. I've been familiarising myself with the scope and the equatorial mount, which is completely new to me, and of course the skies. I have a copy of Turn Left at Orion, and a lot of learning to do!

Chuen

Hello Chenmanc,

[glow=red,2,300]Welcome to the Forum[/glow] :lol:

I see you have got ya self some kit and very nice it is too should give you some wonderfull views esp Planets and the Moon.

Hope you make yourself at home here.

James :lol:

Welcome Chelmanc. That looks a cracking scope. I have just sorted out with a scope but was sorely tempted by your set up. sounds like it should be fantastic on solar system objects. I understand they can be pretty good on deep sky as well especially with a focal reducer to widen the field out. It would be complemented really well with a skymax 80ED from the same range. That really would be a set up to drool over IMHO.

Look forward to some reports. Please let us know how you get on.

Martin

Welcome along Chuen!!

I apologise on behalf of my fellow posters - only two appeared to get your name right!!!

Feel free to ask any questions, someone somewhere will have the answer :lol:

(Hey Steve - another Skywatcher! They get everywhere don't they :lol: :lol:)

Archived