Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

ollypenrice

Markarian's Chain one-nighter.

Nice clean run on the TEC140/Avalon Linear Fast Reverse/Atik 11000 mono with guest Kris Delcourte. This is a night's worth with 15 minute L subs and 10 mins for the colour, a total of 385 minutes.

Marklarians%20Chain%20Les%20Granges%2038

Bigger is here; http://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/Other/Best-of-Les-Granges/i-GBXJMHV/0/O/Marklarians%20Chain%20Les%20Granges%20385%20mins.jpg

Olly and Kris.

• Like 32

I love this one Olly.  Fabulously brilliant if I may say so.  A very interesting area is this, i spent two hours with my Dob on it the other night when i took it to dark skies near Brailsford in Derbyshire.

Just had a look, but conditions were not good enough to spot the whole chain at large exit pupil. The eyes were very nice however (although this image shows a lot more detail)

Smashing image, you can do in 6 hours what it takes us with rubbish skies 20+ to achieve.

• Like 3

Nice work Olly. I tried a mosaic of this area a couple of weeks ago.... I couldnt get the background flat for toffee! Perhaps youve convinced me to have another go :) 

Thanks. I'm certainly going to give this another night because, although small at this focal length, The Eyes turned out to be really special with sweet core detail and a surprising amount of blue in the tidal arms.

Olly

Looking very nice Olly, making good use of that colour data. Are you tempted at all to go after the interstellar light?

Callum

Very nice Olly, 6 hours of acquisition time in one night is nice...don't get that here in the UK often as usually 25% of subs are ruined by passing cloud.

Wonderful image. To me it has a subtle 3d feel that gives it a sense of depth. Well done.