Howdy!

Tzitzis

Hello everyone!

My name is Konstantinos, I'm 22 years old, I'm from Athens, Greece and I have been staring the night sky as long as I can remember. It wasn't until recently (and I mean 1 year ago) that I started to learn constellations and their place in the sky. I observed with naked eyes. I was fascinated that I was learning all that stuff and in June 2014 I started gazing with binoculars too. It was then that I first saw the Androeda Galaxy as a faint object in the Andromeda constellation. I was in awe! I tracked down Mars, Saturn, Venus and Jupiter. I decided that I have to buy a telescope. Alas, no money no honey and I do not own a telescope yet although I started raising money for it.  I learned about sgl from a youtube video about astrophotography. 

Other things about me...I study Chemistry, a science I love. It's great, I hope I will have that degree in my hands by September 2016. I love music, I like rock, hard rock and metal (old school metal that is). Well that's pretty much it. :grin:

Oh, have I told you yet? I WANT TO BUY A FREAKING TELESCOPE xDDDD

Hello Konstantinos and welcome to the star-crazy gang. I hope you have a wonderful time with your hobby and enjoy your stay here on the forum.

Good luck with your degree AND your Astronomy.

Bob

Greetings & Welcome to SGL, Konstantinos, it's great you're on board! You'll find us to be friendly people with a warehouse of knowledge between us all. And we LOVE questions - so feel at ease at asking yours! So make yourself at home, and enjoy your stays with us all.

Clear Skies & Keep Saving up Your Euros,

Dave

Hi

it was years before I got my first scope, but there is plenty of fun to be had with Binoculars and its a great way to learn how to find your way around the night sky, which will stand you in great stead when you do get a scope.

Peter

Hi Konstantinos and welcome to SGL, just keep saving your money, but don`t rush into buying the first telescope you can afford, take your time using the forum as your guide, as to what telescope would fit in, with what you want to observe, enjoy your Astronomy :)

Archived