Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Whats your favourite object

vemarstar

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was lucky enough to do some stargazing in the southern hemisphere last summer and the Jewel Box cluster in Crux is by far my favourite open cluster.

Best globular is M7 in Scorpius, planetary: Eskimo nebula and favorite galaxy is M51, but LP in my area makes this a challenge even with a 10".

Oh such a hard question..... I'm sooo torn between M42 and M13 and on a very good night through the 10" I'd add M31. If it was a messier the Perseus double cluster would be right up there with them too.

Matt the king of the decision makers

I 'll sit on the fence too as those are my top 3 favs, I will also add the Pleides

Eta Carina Nebula for me. Sweeping it with my 12" dob and OIII filter even under last quarter moonlight was utterly mindblowing. Through an 18" dob from a dark sky it virtually shines out of the eyepiece.

Of the Messier objects M42 must be my favourite. It was fantastic when first seeing it through my 80mm birdwatching scope and it absolutely knocks your socks of through a 20 inch (unfortunately not mine)

In the southern sky then eta carina and omega centauri are incredible.

Archived