SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello World!

Toxophilus

Hi Toxophilus and welcome to SGL from a long retired toxophilite. You might like to avail yourself of a copy of Steve Richards book..."Making Every Photon Count" probably the most widely used book by our forum and many other imagers to date, see FLO top of page for details. Enjoy your imaging :)

Cheers John,

With a birthday coming up that's one that I can put on the wish list. Glad to know that you were archer, what discipline did you shoot?

Mark

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers John,

With a birthday coming up that's one that I can put on the wish list. Glad to know that you were archer, what discipline did you shoot?

Mark

During the period the wife and I were involved,1965 onwards, there was only the recurve and traditional long bow, no compounds. towards the end of our time in the sport, after our son was born, I wound up as a County judge and coach and the wife, better shot than me, was on separate occasions, both the Yorkshire and Northern counties champion :)

During the period the wife and I were involved,1965 onwards, there was only the recurve and traditional long bow, no compounds. towards the end of our time in the sport, after our son was born, I wound up as a County judge and coach and the wife, better shot than me, was on separate occasions, both the Yorkshire and Northern counties champion :)

1965 was if bit before I first got into archery. I didn't start until around 1981. But I have been shooting pretty much all that time apart from a break at the end of the 90's. I can still remember the first time I shot an arrow. All 6 shots went about 15yds and ended up in the ground underneath the target. I was hooked. I'm a bit better than that now  :wink:. It was a bit like astronomy. My first usable telescope was a 4" reflector with absolutely awful optics, but I found Saturn, looked through the eyepiece to see a small dot with a line through it (the rings were edge on). I could not believe what I was seeing. Again I was hooked! As they say: from little acorns...

Archived