Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Central Scotland Observers Group

G1ZmO

Hi all,

Just a reminder about our group in case anyone feels like joining.

The Central Scotland Observers Group has been set up for a group of amateur astronomers in order to help organisation of observing nights around the central belt of Scotland.

Our website is here: http://www.scottishastronomers.com

There you will find contact details, forum, chat channel and loads of other stuff.

If you are interested in joining then please contact me.

Cheers,

Paul

• 5 months later...

Just an addition to say that we have grown considerably since we began in 2006 and now have 25+ members. Complete newbies are more than welcome as are those with a good grounding in astronomy.

Please get in touch if you're local and interested in joining group observing sessions.

Cheers,

Paul (info AT scottishastronomers DOT com )

Hi Andrew,

The start of this winter has been dreadful tbh! No luck with the weather at all!

We have a member now in Perth who has a local site he uses for observing and we do plan to get up there sometime this winter (if the clouds ever clear lol)

I'll certainly drop you a mail to let you know when and where if you like.

Cheers

Paul

G1ZmO,

Do you ever meet over West Coast way, Argyll & Bute? I go there (Tarbert) several times a year and the skies are stunning. Big up for another free membership group.

I have a Revelation 10" Dob', love it!

Great to see you're doing well.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Haven't managed out towards the west coast yet as the recent unpredictable weather has meant that we've been making use of the closest observing sites. Maybe someday we'll to up to Tarbet or thereabouts as I can imagine it's lovely and dark up there.

Feel free to contact me next time you're up here.

Cheers

Paul

Archived