Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New saturn photo | eyepiece upgrade

Nuno

Hi everyone :)

Here is my last photo of saturn.

post-32042-0-52687100-1428972488.jpg

This shot actualiy has some time now, and I was using a 25mm eyepiece with barlow for afocal shot.

It seems I cant get a good shot with the 10mm eyepiece given by the starter kit of the 200p dob.

Thinking of an upgrade for a more powerfull magnification eyepiece (I am mostly a planetary observer), altough I want to get the maximum I can get with the starter kit I have right now.

So do you have any recomendation? Are there some eyepiece ( <= 10mm ) that worth an upgrade, or your 10mm, if you have any, does a good job?

Thanks you guys, and clear skies :)

Hi Atreta thanks for the feedback, I have an adapter to hold the camera to the eyepiece. As for the scope itself, its a 200p dob and the tracking is manual :)

What sort of camera? How many exposures at what settings? Stacked?

That is an amazing picture given it is taken afocally.

Personally I think you'll struggle get the resolution vastly better. You just need an absolutely still night and bang on focus. It won't be helping that Saturn is so low.

Amazing and inspiring work though.

James

Absolutely cracking image! I'm not very knowledgeable on optics and stuff, but pushing the mag might not improve things. And James is right about the seeing; it's crucial for planetary. I'd be jumping around with glee if I got a shot like that! 

Alexxx

What sort of camera? How many exposures at what settings? Stacked?

That is an amazing picture given it is taken afocally.

Personally I think you'll struggle get the resolution vastly better. You just need an absolutely still night and bang on focus. It won't be helping that Saturn is so low.

Amazing and inspiring work though.

James

Hi jambouk, the camera is a Canon powershot a3000. I manualy recorded a 10 minute video (I think, cant remember) of saturn that night.. then I worked around with the wavelets from registax.

I am gonna try when the night is absolutely clear, although from where I live, saturn never stands to high.

Thanks for the feedback :D

Archived