Hi everybody

Tegel

Decided to get into the hobby again after a break of 45 years or so.

Thing I can't quite get over is the amount/type of equipment now available. Quite staggering to someone who had a 3 inch refractor in the 1960s/early 70s and thought themselves very well equipped for an, albeit enthusiastic, young amateur. I don't have any equipment at the moment (save the eyes of course) but will be looking around in next few weeks for something suitable although no rush. Assuming of course I can curb my youthful enthusiasm for quickly obtaining a shiney new (or shiney used) set up.

One thing I have in my favour is that my star maps haven't gone out of date.

I look forward to taking an active part in the forum etc.

Clear skies to all.

hi mate and welcome from south wales, i found that when i restarted  sky watching all the gear had change so much i felt like i didn't now anything but when looking throught my scope and finding my way across the sky it all started to come back to me, its still the same sky we just look at it through different stuff.all the best.charl.

Archived