Hello from Lisburn, Northern Ireland

Peje

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually don't mind the cold but I am very partial to over-complicating things at every opportunity. Being a hardware engineer I am also looking forward to creating some crazy custom mechanismns for guiding and focusing...however that's for a much later date.

Beware the Alt bolts on the EQ5 / HeQ5...   http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/86537-warning-bendy-eq6-altitude-bolts/

I found out the hard way :eek:

IMO it's best to get the replacements in early!

Can't edit yet, found the link on the last page :D Added to my shopping list, even though I should just make some given I'm a mechanical engineer!

I'm a structural engineer and thought about it, then bought the AD ones!   Unless you have the gear you might be better off spending the time designing a few beams / vents, as is you niche ;).  

However, my dew shields are great and I have all the stuff to make the solar filters and the polar scope light!

I'm a structural engineer and thought about it, then bought the AD ones!   Unless you have the gear you might be better off spending the time designing a few beams / vents, as is you niche ;).  

However, my dew shields are great and I have all the stuff to make the solar filters and the polar scope light!

I can totally understand this, I look at things and see how easy it would be to make it myself...then when I factor in time it's normally 'cheaper' to just buy them.

Hi Pete & Welcome to SGL.  Hope you enjoy your time here.  The Irish Astronomical Association meet every second Wednesday of the month at Queens University  in the Physics Building at 7.30pm, the last meeting of the season is tomorrow night, it's the AGM.   The meetings are very good, there is normally  a guest speaker.  They also organise observing nights at Delamont  Country Park, Killyleagh.  If you look at their website you will find more information. 

Archived