SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi from Sydney, Australia

MattW

Hi,

I'm a new member, so I thought I'd swing by this section and get the 'hello' and introduction out the way.

I'm based on the south-west fringe of Sydney in Australia.

I've been into astronomy ever since I was a little kid growing up in south east London....many years ago!

I've had various telescopes over the years, of differing designs. I just recently took stock of an Orion Optics (UK) VX12L.

I'm in the process of securing a Losmandy G11 to perch it on. I'm mostly a planetary imager and visual astronomer. But from time to time I'll go crusing the sky for faint fuzzies and other gems....just for fun.

I'm looking to make a ffew mods to the VX12L. Nothing too dramatic at this stage. But I'd like to replace the collimation knobs on the primary and secondary with Bob's knobs. If anyone can advise which ones I'd need (size/length) that'd be a great help.

I'll also need to replace the focuser for something a little better...or more suited to the task of imaging.

I've written to Orion about the bolt pattern and profile of their existing focuser so I can replace with something like a Moonlite or Feathertouch, but haven't heard back yet. So again, any suggestions/help would be most welcome.

Anyway, just wanted to drop by and say hello. Looking forward to posting a few images once I'm fully up and running.

Cheers

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived