Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
2020 hasn’t been a great year for anyone, but we’ve had a good comet, and some clear nights. I haven’t been the most productive, or even a very good imager this year, but I’m quite pleased with what I’ve learnt, narrowband has been a revelation . So I thought I would share a few of my images, and a video I put together or them. Thanks for all the great images and tips that have been posted. Wishing you all a happy Christmas and a great 2021.
Hi, I have taken mono LRGB images of M51 with my new ASI1600mm-PRO.
I have a mix of 30s, 60s, 120s subs. 100 darks, and 100 flats for each filter. About 4 hours total.
I Used DSS for alignment and stacking, then Pixinsight for LRGB combination.
My issue is that i'm not happy with the colours, the stars all appear white and the background is strange.
I have attached the Aligned LRGB images.
Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!
Green.TIF red.TIF Lum.TIF B.TIF
This is from a couple of nights ago.
It clouded in quickly, so I didn't get much data. The temp was 2C, and I'm self-isolating - so that was also a factor! I only took 5 darks before I gave up and went to bed. I'll take more when the temp is right.
This is 140 min integration time on a new Canon EOS Ra with 17x500s exposures, and no filter (from the city).
Processed in PI and Photoshop - I should have used more star masks but the data aren't good enough to warrant the effort I think. I also had difficulty with flats - I tried a range of exposures with a Gerd Neumann panel, but I think they were all too short. Will go longer than 0.3s next time - very hard to figure out flat exposure on DSLRs, and APT's tool doesn't work for DSLRs yet.
I think I'm obsessed with M51 - and I know I'll be back to it again.
Stay safe everyone,
First attempt at any DSO other than the brighter stuff like M42 or Andromeda.
Learning to use the AZ-Gti /Sharpcap polar align / windows synscan app / APT platesolving ... And guiding ! all in one night ?
all went well so had a quick 30 mins on M51 (first time I'd ever managed to actually frame it ... Plate solving is amazing)
90 second subs gain 420 and 5 darks and synthetic flat for dust bunnies / gradients
Wish I'd have gone longer now as tried a 5 minute sub once guiding was working which looked good .
Very noisy but only 30 mins .
I decided to try to maximize detail by collecting a large quantity of Luminescence data and then applying strong deconvolution to the areas of high signal to noise. I also decided to try out Mure denoise, a Pixinsight routine that reduces camera noise. The final result is an LRGB and represents just over 17 hours integration time.
I hadn't noticed before the rather strangely shaped fuzzies in the backgroud - have a look at the annotated version for IC4278 and the triangular shaped galaxy PC2292105.