SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M51 the final image

MikeD

OK this is it (I think)

L = 7hrs 20 Min's in 5 minute subs

RGB= 50 Min's each in 5 minute subs

and Ha 45 Min's in 5 minute subs bin x 2

10 hours and 35 Min's total.

As an L-Ha/R-G-B ( Ha/R as 50/50) image.

4984_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

I have been playing with the data for the last few days and I think I am happy with this final result.

I have tried to keep the image as natural looking as possible but at the same time I have been on a bit of a mission to show as many background galaxies a possible, But I have been looking and tweeking this image for so long I may have lost the plot, so please feel free to let me know if I have gone too far/ not far enough with it.

Mike.

I think you'd struggle to improve on that Mike, that's about as good as they come.

A painstaking piece of work, with an excellent result to show for it.

Beautiful detail and colour!!

Well done indeed!!!.

Dave

Thanks guys.

I got 10 x 90 sec subs tonight and looking at that picture I'll go put my head in the oven.

I remember being just as pleased to get my first M51 ( something like 50 @ 15 sec's ) as I am with this image now. :(

Mike.

I got 10 x 90 sec subs tonight and looking at that picture I'll go put my head in the oven.

That is one mother of an image Mike....congrats and well done :(

:D:shocked::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D:laugh:

That is just stunning, when I scrolled down to see the image it was a genuine 'blumming Hell' moment. The colours are ( I nearly said out of this world!) fantastic. A lot of effort there and it's paid off IMO. Well done that man.

I fact I'll say it's probably the best image, along with SteveL's Rosette that I've seen on this forum. Not that I know a lot but as the old saying goes, I know what I like.

The time and effort put into that image has clearly shown, fantastic result Mike , looking deep into the core area , shows some really fine detail, work of Art mate , beautiful,along side my M51 from Nasa on my wall it looks just as good ,

well done

Rog

now move on to something else heheheheeh,how about 101 that should look good for 7 hours Mike.

:(

Archived