Help needed broken telescope

Hi first post and I'm really looking for some help please.

Wanted a telescope for years and my wife kindly bought me one for last Christmas.

This exact model http://www.amazon.co.uk/DynaSun-Professional-Astronomical-Telescope-Reflector/dp/B00F1E1JSC

Had some frustrations getting it set up but eventually did it, and I would be appreciative if someone could point me in the direction for some good advice for this type of telescope but that's not the main reason I'm posting today.

I have 2 children and lo and behold come home from work one day and my telescope is on the floor. The Alzimuth mount is broken, didn't seem like it would take much anyway and the eyepiece holder has disappeared. All the eyepieces are still there, Barlow lens etc just the holder part has gone. I've looked everywhere and can only assume one of my kids has picked it up and binned it.

I've gone back to the seller and said I would pay to get it replaced and he said that's fine but he'd need a picture of it. I've told him as it's missing I couldn't provide a picture and there doesn't seem to be one on the Internet that I can find. And this where I am, No eyepiece holder, broken alzimuth mount and clear skies :(

Could someone please help with either posting a picture of a similar eyepiece holder, or point me in the direction where I can purchase another one/or an upgraded one any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi Smithers and welcome to this site lots and lots of help on here its funny you should say that about your scope i am after some parts for my zennox 76x700 which is the same i am after the fine tuner on the side its the bar with the knurled screw on the side i had mine given and dont know where to get one from there a good scope to start with plenty of patience needed though i find if you find a dealer will you let me know cheers stephen 

It does say 1.25" on the description, is it possible to attach the eyepiece directly to the scope still?

You really don't need the Barlow lens as the 175x magnification provided by the 4mm eyepiece is well beyond the practical limiting magnification of your scope anyway.

You will find that once you go past 140x or so you are just making blurry things into bigger more blurry things and not actually getting any more detail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As said the description is 1.25" eyepieces and barlow, so there should not be anything required. Just put teh eyepice straight into the barlow.

The other option is they are not telling the truth.

On the eyepieces there is a small tube at the bottom, can you measure the diameter of this?

It should be 1.25" = 31.7mm, but it could be 0.96" - just under an inch and about 25mm.

The barlow is effectively useless, none of the magnification quoted will be sensible with the eyepieces and the scope.

So if the eyepieces fit in the focuser and it works I would not get overly bothered.

The scope will not give 157x and the idea of the quoted 787x is not even laughable just pie in the sky that some idiot has written down.

I don't think I'm explaining this right. It might not be called an eyepiece holder but it's like some sort of adaptor that attaches between eyepiece and the telescope. At the moment if I try to put an eyepiece in the telescope the eyepiece is too small and will fall Into the tube. It is small, round and black and kind of looks like a ring

I don't think I'm explaining this right. It might not be called an eyepiece holder but it's like some sort of adaptor that attaches between eyepiece and the telescope. At the moment if I try to put an eyepiece in the telescope the eyepiece is too small and will fall Into the tube. It is small, round and black and kind of looks like a ring

i think your talking about thr erecting lens 

Archived