60mm Solarmax II double stack question

I would think that it must be an ERF, there is no other need that I could think of. I would presume that Coronado mean that on its own it would not perform as a Ha filter and that an etalon and blocking filter would be required in addition.  :smiley:

The double stack assembly contains an upfront ERF and a tilting etalon. This could be used on its own with a standard refractor (ED80) with a BF10 blocking filter.

Interesting...my original SM60 scope had a plain objective (no ERF coating etc) but had the 60mm ERF/etalon/T max tilt mounted up front.

I've used the SM60 double stack (two up front etalons) for many years.

I'm thinking of grafting it onto the front of a 60/80mm refractor and using my spare PST black box with its ERF / BF6, any obvious flaws with this?

As I'm not using the PST etalon I assume I'm free to pick any focal length?

The PST black box IMHO is not a good option. Better to remove the eyepiece section (with the BF5) and re-mount it in a diagonal etc.

This will work.

The BF5 will cause some vignetting with focal lengths over 500mm or so.

Archived