Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

Langy

GoPro Night Sky Compilation

I've created a small compilation of videos of the Night Sky from my small back garden,

Living in a small town with light pollution it's quite surprising on what you can see and even more surprising on how much the GoPro will pick up.

I hope you like the video.

https://youtu.be/X8putZYMnU8

• Like 7

I love time lapse photography The Hero does a wonderful job. Nice compilation. 

Loved the soundtrack, I had never heard of these guys before but did a quick search and now, because of you, I am going to have to spend some money getting their albums.  :smiley:

Love it.

I recently purchased a book on timelapes photography as I really want to give it ago.

How long were the exposures and what is the gap in between each one?

I have a gopro 4 silver that I use for skydiving. I never even thought about using it for anything astro I think I may take it out with me when I next do some stargazing.

Lovely videos, very inspiring-nice one [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By michaelmorris
      Computar 2.6mm F1.0 CCTV lens
      This high quality ultra fast ultra wide angle CCTV lens is great for use with a highly sensitive CCTV camera for video recording meteors.  These ultra fast lenses were discontinued by Computar several years ago and are now very rare. They originally sold for over $300 each.
      Excellent condition. Lenses free from scratches and internal dust. DC auto iris tested and working.
      £85 + £8 postage to UK mainland

• By J47
      Hi my name is Jay, new to all and any forums, lol. Not sure where to start so here I go. I have a few questions about Sirius the double star while observing through my Nexstar 4se telescope using a 2x Barlow and my neximage burst color. While I was able to capture quite stunning results of the star Sirius, this morning before sunrise, I was curious though as to if I might have incorrectly focused my scope on the star or if this image is a clear image of the star? I will attach a brief 7-8 second video I took this morning. It was the first time I had gotten to focus my scope on the star as it kept drifting before but I solved the drifting issue as a result of improper anti-backlash. But now back to the video, was wondering if any of you could help determine if I properly focused on the star because from what I see the star appears to be in the shape of an out-of-control atom in the video and at the center it is black, is this the observing of a quasar? Thanks for all the help in advance if anyone stops by thanks for the time and efforts here's the video.
      star.avi
    • By widotje
      Hi folks,

Just wanted to share my bloodmoon experience with you in this blog.
      It was quite challenging, ice on my balcony, camera falling out of telescopes and tracking challenges.
      But in the end it was a wonderful experience, you can read it here:

https://www.astroforum.space/blog/my-first-bloodmoon-experience

and i've included a (gittery) timelapse + final image. 
      Please let me know what you think, should I keep the stuff that goes bananas for myself or share it with you folks? 

Clear skies!

• By LiveTelescope
      hello
      this is my polarex 132F  (((( https://youtu.be/7gPlOR__86w ))))  
      ↗️POLAREX 132F video⬆️
      like New, this telescope pier has no scratches on it  \(=,^)/ thank you, 
      telescope from the 1950s 

• By Thalestris24
      After a fistful of stars from the other night here's a few stars more from last night . Transparency was poor, though  and I had to give up in the end. As well as fitting the Lightwave 0.8x to my 80 mm F6, I've also transferred the scope to the Heq5. Although I think Sharpcap is great for live stacking it won't always detect enough stars to auto align which means I have to use guiding. I can see plenty of stars on the screen but Sharpcap refuses to share my view! I've tried noise reduction and boosted digital gain etc. I think I'll try the v3.2 beta. I might try without the uhc in future as it probably cuts out too much light when combined with the IDAS D1. All live stacked with darks and flats. Some were guided.
      M35 - 20 x 30s with IDAS D1 and UHC:

NGC 2420 aka the Twinkling Comet Cluster, 30x30s:

Jellyfish Neb, 40x30s:

You can just see the edge of it with some stretching!

More apparent with overstretch but - yuk!
      Louise

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.