Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Guildford Astronomical Society - Extra April Meeting

April Meeting - Prof Sir Paul Nurse

Our next meeting is on Friday, 17th April 2015 at 7:30pm at the University of Surrey

Note that this bonus meeting is on the third Friday of the month.

The talk will be given by Prof Sir Paul Nurse, President of the Royal Society, Chief Executive & Director Francis Crick Institute, Nobel Prize Winner in Physiology or Medicine 2011

Doing Science

I have been a research life scientist for over 40 years, working on cell biology, particularly what controls the process of cell division. But I have also been an amateur astronomer, very much the amateur who all my life has enjoyed observing the beauty of the heavens. In fact it was astronomy that first started my interest in science at the age of nine years. In my talk I will share my experiences as a professional life scientist researcher and amateur astronomer.

Visitors are most welcome to attend. We charge just £4 per meeting to cover the cost of the room hire.

Archived