Polar Align using Starsense - Anyone cracked it?

I have been primarily using my Starsense on my C9.25 AVX quite happily - not polar aligning. I thought that I might try to use it for imaging purposes with my ED120 and ED80 rather than using the Nexstar ASPA because I thought that it might be quicker. I tried the method given in the manual but, even after 4 attempts last night, It was not good and had me tearing out what hair I have left. :eek:

Shall I just give up trying to use Starsense to PA and go back to the Nexstar ASPA which I can get to do unguided subs of 4 minutes, so good PA. I have downloaded the latest Beta software for the SS accessory but I don't want to waste much more precious time. :sad:

Has anyone had success doing an accurate PA using Starsense? If so, what is your routine?

Peter

I've done a polar align using the starsense but I've not really had a chance to spend any amount of time using the scope to check out how effective it was.

Have a look here http://teamcelestron.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=761 this is a thread on the Team Celestron forum dealing with the Polar Alignment method.

The manual is very much out of date and misleading.

Thanks for the reply Tony

I read through that thread on Team Celestron earlier and it poses any many questions as answers. The manual is misleading and Celestron don't do anything to revise it. 

Peter

Archived