Hello, from Cheltenham

airgiraffe

Hi there, I recently brought a Skywatcher Heritage 130p after seeing good reviews about it.  And so far am really pleased with it!

Wondering what accessories/improvements I should be considering in the future? And any tips would be greatly appreciated :)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi There,

Welcome to SGL....Woaa, hold on Learn how to use your scope & how to find objects. If you have not already done so buy 'turn left at orion' and 'sky&telescope pocket star atlas' these will help you learn the sky. Download a planetarium program, lots out there but try stellarium its great and free, to be found here :--- http://www.stellarium.org/  ..

For the future, eyepieces are probably your first upgrade. There are a couple of guides on SGL a particularly good one is by The Warthog. And one buy R.Wilkey to be found here :---  http://www.swindonstargazers.com/beginners/eyepieces.htm

Hi Airgiraffe and welcome to SGL, as already mentioned, better quality eye pieces are a good step forward to better observing, than with those supplied. A copy of the recommended literature and star maps, will also help you get to grips with finding objects in the night sky, enjoy your new scope and the forum :)

Heya and welcome.

I got the heritage myself along with a slightly bigger scope ( very pleased with the heritage btw)

Sooner or later you will need a collimation tool ( e.g cheshire collimator).

Rune

Archived