Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

South Wales Star Party October 2015

Freff

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi if you want a loan of my coleman event shelter its 4.5mtr square check with the campsite management that you can put it up and also it does not attract extra charges, its not small and ideal for party's and I will need help in erecting it, approx 15mins to erect. looking forward to catching up with you all, and warpout is also looking forward to it!

That sounds a great idea Dai.

We were offered one last year, but it never got any further than that.

I asked the owners last year for permission, and it was not a problem, and no charge.

It would make a great place to meet if its wet, with a picnic table and television to watch the Rugby....cosy.

I will contact the owners to confirm, and PM you with any  details.

Many thanks for the offer.

hi if you want a loan of my coleman event shelter its 4.5mtr square check with the campsite management that you can put it up and also it does not attract extra charges, its not small and ideal for party's and I will need help in erecting it, approx 15mins to erect. looking forward to catching up with you all, and warpout is also looking forward to it!

I have also a range of cables and adapters and splitters so we could run power into it if required

Hello guys

im still alive!    thank you all for being worried about me,  this years been a fairly hard one to be honest,  grandfather been in hospital about 10 times this year (and only managed to get out of hospital on monday which was his 89th birthday too) so i havent had a chance to come on here nor even do any stargazing :(  i did manage to take the telescope to tenby and i think i managed to get the gentleman in the caravan hooked but thats about all :(   

if theres still any space id like to come if possable but i can always have a few hours up if its not as i know its fairly late now an probally quite booked.    

sorry for worrying you all again

Gaz

Hi Gaz,

Hope your grandfather is doing ok.

I'm not sure of the status of our campsite, but Dorothy & I will only be able to stay from the 11th through the 13th, so it might be available from Wednesday onward but you will have to check with Freff to be sure.  Its the same site we had last year.

Hi Gareth, it's good to hear from you buddy. Sorry to hear your grandfather has been unwell, best wishes for him.

Of course there is a space for you. I have reserved your pitch, the same as last year.

It would be great if you could make it. It wouldn't be the same without you. What would I do without my cameraman.

Take care.

Not long now. Starting to get excited!

I'm getting married in Seychelles next week and then honeymooning in Dubai the week after before the grand finale.... 2 nights in a tent at the SW Star Party!! Can't wait!

James

:smile:  Congratulations to you both !

Hello guys

im still alive!    thank you all for being worried about me,  this years been a fairly hard one to be honest,  grandfather been in hospital about 10 times this year (and only managed to get out of hospital on monday which was his 89th birthday too) so i havent had a chance to come on here nor even do any stargazing :(  i did manage to take the telescope to tenby and i think i managed to get the gentleman in the caravan hooked but thats about all :(   

if theres still any space id like to come if possable but i can always have a few hours up if its not as i know its fairly late now an probally quite booked.    

Good to hear from you gaz it's been a while hope to catch up shortly take care in the meantime

Gaz

Hello guys

Good to hear from you gaz it's been a while hope to catch up shortly take care in the meantime

Gaz

are you going steve

are you going steve

I haven't booked up this year mike but my intention is to come for one night at least whether I pitch up in the tent or not I'm not sure at the moment but will be good to catch up with everyone seems like an age since I've had the scope out but was up early this morning and caught my first glimpse of Orion's return .i don't observe through the spring and summer but as the nights are getting shorter I can feel the enthusiasm returning. Fingers crossed I'll catch up in a few weeks.

I haven't booked up this year mike but my intention is to come for one night at least whether I pitch up in the tent or not I'm not sure at the moment but will be good to catch up with everyone seems like an age since I've had the scope out but was up early this morning and caught my first glimpse of Orion's return .i don't observe through the spring and summer but as the nights are getting shorter I can feel the enthusiasm returning. Fingers crossed I'll catch up in a few weeks.

hope you come, it will be nice to meet you :smiley:

Just a brief update guys.

The latest list has gone to the site owners. There are a few pitches available, so if you want one now is the time to book.

On arrival please go straight to the house to book in and tell them you are with the Star Party.

The owners will have your name and pitch number and will give you any info you might need and direct you to your pitch.

Less than a week to go for some, our very own intrepid pathfinder Tich :grin: will be there from Saturday, so for any first timers arriving soon after, I'm sure he will steer you in the right direction if need be.

Just a note to remind you that the weather can get quite cold in the Beacons this time of the year. Bring plenty of cold weather gear and some more. I highly recommend a good sleeping bag, extra bedding or even an electric blanket. Better to have and not needed than needed and not have.

Stay safe, and have a great Star Party.

Hi All i didnt realise until speaking with Peter there was a group. can i share my initial post to show you what im looking at and assistance required.... i may be able to pop up and join you if you wouldnt mind!!!

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/254552-hi-all-first-time-here-im-confused-pembs-wales-uk/

hope that works lol... 

stefan

Archived