Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Galaxy Season: A Brief Introduction to the Milky Way & Observing Galaxies

Qualia

I`ve read your previous posts (What can I expect to see, and  Mars observing the red planet) so many times already. They`ve been highly informative and

have definitely helped me become a better observer. And here you provide us with another brilliant post.

I doubt I`ll ever go beyond novice status when it comes to astronomy and stargazing, but believe me, your posts are so incredibly helpful for me.

Thank you ever so much Qualia. 

Truly amazing.

Rune

• Like 2

Thank you for your kind words, Rune and David. To be honest, if it weren't for gentlemen like yourself, I'd be a bit at a lost compiling notes and sketches with no one to share them with. So the entire thank you and inspiration really comes down to you guys :grin:

Thank you :smiley:

• Like 2

Stunning, definitive, engrossing and so completely and sensibly useful!

Brilliant job Rob - something to savour and revisit, over and over...

Must be one of the most comprehensive and succinct what-are-they, where-are-they and what-can-you-see guides that I've ever read!

Are you planning to write a book? I reckon they'd be a fair few customers on SGL alone!

Thank you so much.

All the best

Simon

• Like 2

Very interesting read and great sketches and well put together.

Galaxy hunting is my favourite bit of the hobby and the thrill of looking at a star chart and hopping to find a galaxy give's me great pleasure.

So many to see, and as you say visit and then re visit especially the ones that get a wow in my notes.

Thanks for putting a lot of effort into that post, it take's a lot to write up your thoughts

Damian

• Like 1

Rob, this is one ot the best posts I've read here for a long time, and there is a lot of great content posted on SGL ! :smiley:

Despite a few issues I have with light pollution, trees, neighbours houses etc I'm determined to do better on galaxy observing over the coming 12 months. Most of them may be faint and fuzzy but they are awesome objects when you consider what you are seeing :smiley:

• Like 2

What a "WOW" post. Very informative and fun to read! :D

Solved some questions about what to have when having a telescope & also I learned many new things!

Always loved your topics like these!!

Note to myself: Awaiting for Qualia's next post!

• Like 1

And BOOM, Qualia strikes again :D

As someone who thinks he knows a bit about some of this stuff, I'm flabbergasted at how much information you have packed into here and how much of it was either new to me, or more coherently and cogently explained than I've seen before.

And I know how much time it takes to write technical things down properly, how much effort it takes to convert it from a jumble of details to a coherently narrated guide which is easy to read and leads you through the material gently and neatly.

So once again, thank you. I tip my hat to you, Rob. :)

And +1 to the idea of you collecting these into a book - I would buy 'The History, Science, Observation and Poetry of the Universe, by Qualia' in a heartbeat :D

• Like 2