Greetings from Cornwall

Cornishmike

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Mike

Warm welcome to SGL. A couple of books to help guide you round the sky 'sky&telescope pocket star atlas' and 'turn left at Orion' .. Also download a planetarium program plenty out there but try Stellarium its great and free, to be found here :--- www.stellarium.org ..

Good luck with your scope choice. Fix your budget first but I would always advise to go to a local astro meet and see what others have and what may suit you best!!! It will save you hard earned cash in the long run.

Thanks, dam nut.

I've downloaded Stellarium; it looks very comprehensive - thanks for the recommend! I may be able to go to a local astro meet on Friday, so will hopefully come away either fully enlightened or thoroughly boggled!

Hi Mike and welcome to the forum. Good to post some questions as part of your research but don't forget the search button at the top right of your screen (...if you haven't spotted it already :smiley: ) for past questions, answers and discussions.

Clear skies 

• 1 month later...

Archived