Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M31 - Andromeda galaxy

tingting44

Congratulations on an impressive amount of work and an excellent result.

Do you think "...the core is a bit pants..." only because you are used to seeing it a certain way in other images - possibly derived from less effort?

There must be a temptation to make the image look "right" by comparison with others, but, if that involves special processing, it raises questions about the purpose (art or science?). 

Yours must be a valid representation - as long as you haven't deliberately distorted the image. Even if you have, you can still claim it as "art". :smiley:

John C

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations on an impressive amount of work and an excellent result.

Do you think "...the core is a bit pants..." only because you are used to seeing it a certain way in other images - possibly derived from less effort?

There must be a temptation to make the image look "right" by comparison with others, but, if that involves special processing, it raises questions about the purpose (art or science?). 

Yours must be a valid representation - as long as you haven't deliberately distorted the image. Even if you have, you can still claim it as "art". :smiley:

John C

Thanks John, not too sure, i guess no one knows for sure, but ill go with mine is right haha :D

the skies are looking clear tomorrow night! i cant wait, i think im going to try imaging the Leo Triplet, astro darkness from 10pm with the 60% moon rising @ 2am so im hoping to get around 4 hours on the Leo Trio :D

Martin.... its not over (yet!), it never is ;)

Next step is to pop on an Ha filter and add some sparkly bits, that will be the cherry on the cake :p  Maybe not enough time left for that, so its a project for next winter.

Martin.... its not over (yet!), it never is ;)

Next step is to pop on an Ha filter and add some sparkly bits, that will be the cherry on the cake :p  Maybe not enough time left for that, so its a project for next winter.

I don't think I'll bother going down the Ha route with my non modded 7d.... I'll save the Ha for when I get my CCD :) not sure if I'll be able to afford a CCD this year now tho. I do love Ha images tho, I can't wait to get into ththe CCD world :(

Archived