Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Bolton, UK

MrManQ

Hi All,

John here, 43 yrs from Bolton, UK.

Just bought a PowerSeeker EQ114 for me and my kids to start star gazing, but if I'm being honest, it's mainly for my own curiosity (like you didn't already know that right?).

Completely new to using my own scope and have a whole lot to learn, hence signing up here.

Talk soon,

John

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,

John here, 43 yrs from Bolton, UK.

Just bought a PowerSeeker EQ114 for me and my kids to start star gazing, but if I'm being honest, it's mainly for my own curiosity (like you didn't already know that right?).

Completely new to using my own scope and have a whole lot to learn, hence signing up here.

Talk soon,

John

Well if it's any conciliation Scott, The main reason this 114eq was chosen was due to the price.  You can get them for just under £100 now, lower than I was expecting to pay (or lower than I was planning on screwing the wife out of) but I saw some of the photos on the web taken by others, which made me thing, yup, good enough for a 1st cheap scope.

Once had it for a week, so only had two nights out looking at the moon, which was mint, but due to the crappy finder, no star seeking that night.

For me, it was good value but it does have it's, acceptable for now, weaknesses like the mount isn't the sturdiest (but it will do) and the EPs that come with it are bog standards (which can be replaced.

Hope this helps a tad.

John

Hi john welcome to the site loads of  infomation on here also you could join your local astronomy club-http://www.boltonastro.org.uk/ they meet on the first & third of every month (except summer )

Cheers for the welcome guys.

Bruno, was just looking at BoltonAstro :)   Do you go there ?

Im off down to Devon for the week from Sunday, so wont be bale to make this one, might be able to get along to the next one third week of the month.

Really looking forward to seeing the darker skies of Devon, so my EQ's taking pride of place in the boot of the car :)

Hello and a warm welcome to the SGL. I hope you get some nice clear skies when you are in Devon

Well my Astropanel App says partially cloudy for next few days, but fingers crossed, if it is clear, should be little light polution to help me along.

Sorry for the late reply, yes i do go to bolton Astro i've been a member for just over a year since i started astronomy

Very good. What's the format down there? Might bob along next week

Archived