Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_constellations.thumb.jpg.6034fe99df7fe590f77a776877551964.jpg

astroavani

Saturn, the Lord of the Rings!

I think I got last night one of my best Saturn taken in the season that is approaching.
Cassini division well defined with the inclination that the planet is has become commonplace thing, but this time I noticed traces of the Encke Division and the Division Maxvel between B and C. ring
The tracks have been well defined but what surprendeu me was a nearby oval possible the hexagon in the northern hemisphere (highlighted with yellow arrow).
I am under the impression that the walls of the hexagon are not perfectly straight as myself had already captured in other previous years photos, however this year appear to be deformed and this is evident as well in color photos but I'm afraid it's a capture defect or processing is necessary photos of other colleagues to prove or disprove this suspicion.
Avani.

03c0a09554a4b8f2aae805b78eb6dd61.1824x0_

• Like 21

Very nice indeed and very well done  :smiley: Its like being there looking at those images.

Edited by Pig

I appreciate the comments of all colleagues! Actually this was a photo I liked, and I am one of the most consistent critics of my own work.
I think every planetary photo can not have a very heavy processing, less processed photos become more natural, better matching what one sees in the eye.
I could have sharper processing, but then lost the photo of naturalness, and stayed, though not attract as much attention as a photo over processed pleases me more!

• Like 3

Superb images of the ringed wonder astroavani☺ Going to be a bit of a challenge for myself here I suspect. You have captured it beautifully in this collection.

Best regards,

Ralph

Could not believe the size of it. 

About the best one I have seen on

here. C14 Edge.A scope,only

some of us,can only dream

about.

Steve.

Top class imaging. The rest of us dream.

Robin

Great going Avani - some lovely detail coming through on this :)

Again appreciate the comments, they encourage me to continue doing the best job possible!

Great Pics !!!

I aspire to take some as nice. My favorite planet to photograph.

I also like to photograph Saturn is certainly a very beautiful planet, but Jupiter has a wealth of indescribable details and is much more dynamic toasting we often unexpected things!