Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cone nebula with an ATIK 16HR

CELESCOPE

Yes they have just bought the colour version out Grant , having been into this with nik sysmanek and Ian king , they told me that there is no short cut to achieving colour images the same amount of work has to be done with the one shot colours camera,s , there is a prob as well i believe HA cant be used .its all a bit confusing , and longer exposures are needed, so thats why i prefer to have the sensitive mono camera ,and use LRGB PROCESSING for the future , a luminance image with HA and the colour added with filters ,would render a far better colour image and a more flexible one , i personally and always have done prefer b/w images, sometimes i do colour them ,mainly for other ppls taste .the majority of images i take are emission images ,and they are red anyway , maybe a bit of reflection in them , so thats fairly easy to colour in Photoshop.

The digital camera,s like the 300d etc, can take some excellent images ,as James does, they are good if modded as well , they do render blue without the modd , so its hard to acheive good colour for long exposure emission nebula, but are great for objects .M31 , M42 , AND WIDE FIELD . Get the modd done and its a powerful camera ,

Cheers

Rog

Gone on a bit have,nt i .lol

Archived